We are really excited to announce that Pixel Game Maker MV is currently open for all Steam users to try for free until March 19th 10am PST. As well as hosting the limited free access for the engine, we are also hosting a 25% off sale and the REMIX Game Jam!
Pixel Game Maker MV is a type of game creation software that lets you easily create your very own original action games, without any sort of programming skills or specialized knowledge whatsoever. The action games you can create are limited only by your imagination.
The ability to use original materials and resources for character animations, background maps, sound, etc., allows you to create truly unique games.
Pixel Game Maker MV Free Week and 25% Off Sale
For the duration of this week only (March 12th – 19th), all Steam users will be able to try out Pixel Game Maker MV for free. If users enjoy Pixel Game Maker MV during this free week, we are also hosting a 25% off sale, the deepest discount to date.
Please note that Steam users will lose access to the free copy of Pixel Game Maker MV on March 19th 10 am PST.
REMIX Game Jam
To celebrate the free week for Pixel Game Maker MV, we took this opportunity to launch our very first Game Jam to encourage users everywhere to try their hand at video game creation.
For this Game Jam, we’re asking participants to remix the existing sample games available in Pixel Game Maker MV, while giving them your own spin. This means using some of the assets included in Pixel Game Maker MV to create something of your own.
For this contest, we will be selecting two winners, one chosen by the Pixel Game Maker MV team, and one selected through community voting.
The winners will have their games showcased at this year’s BitSummit, the biggest indie game event in Japan.
See the full requirements and rules on Steam or below.
Submissions must be received by midnight on March 19th, 2019 (Japan Standard Time). Submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
How to Submit
Submissions will be accepted by email only.
Please include “Pixel Game Maker MV Remix Game Jam Submission” in the subject line and either attach the project archive to the email (for sizes under 10 MB), or include a link to download the project. All submissions and related matters will be handled by the game jam operator, Active Gaming Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Operator”).
The two selected winning titles will be exhibited at “BitSummit 7 Spirits”, scheduled to be held in June 2019.
Of the two winning titles, one will be chosen by the Operator, and the other will be chosen via community vote.
Game Jam Submissions Rules
- For the Remix Game Jam, assets from the sample games already available in Pixel Game Maker MV must be used to create a new “remixed” project.
- The assets are the resources in the sample project folders and include animations (motion, particle and effects) sprite sheets, tile sets, images, background music, sound effects and fonts.
Note: Assets for “Dungeon of Nazarick” are excluded from this game jam.
- The “remixed project” must use assets from sample projects included in Pixel Game Maker MV, but the participant’s own original assets (e.g.: new scenes, new attacks, new gameplay mechanics, etc) can be used as well.
- Assets created by the participants, assets with a free license, or assets purchased can also be used in the “remixed project”. However, such assets found to be in violation of copyright and/or trademark laws, and/or assets found to encroach on the rights of others may not be used.
- If using external assets such as those mentioned directly above, these assets cannot comprise more than 50% of your game. This is in order to maintain the “remix” concept of this contest.
- All participants must include in their entry folder a file including:
a. Instructions on how to play the game;
b. A complete list of all assets used, both from sample games and external assets.
- There are no specific requirements when it comes to type (top view or side view) or genre of the game. Be creative!
- Entries should be created and worked on during the dates specified for this contest.
- Submissions are limited to one project per entry. However, multiple entries are allowed.
- Entries must also abide by the requirements specified in “Pixel Game Maker MV Remix Game Jam Terms and Conditions”.
Pixel Game Maker MV Remix Game Jam Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to anyone aged 16 years or over, excluding employees of the Operator, their close relatives, and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary (of Pixel Game Maker MV or otherwise) to enter this competition.
- The Operator will not be held responsible for any errors, bugs, etc. which may occur during submission.
- All entries must be suitable for community voting and must not include racist, sexist, homophobic, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate humor, content, or language, depictions of nudity and/or sexually explicit themes, intense and/or realistic portrayals of violence (including gore, mutilation, and depictions of death), or other inappropriate themes such as alcohol, gambling, or drug references.
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel or amend part or the entirety of the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any of the following occurrences:
(1) natural disasters or catastrophes (“acts of God”);
(2) civil or military disturbances such as strikes, etc.;
(3) fires, blackouts, or other accidents;
(4) other extraordinary circumstances beyond the Operator’s control;
(5) necessity of emergency maintenance or any other event in which the Operator deems cancellation or amendment to be necessary.
The Operator cannot be held responsible for damages or losses incurred by participants through events or circumstances outside of the Operator’s control.
- The Operator cannot be held responsible for any mistaken or falsified information regarding prizes for this game jam received by the participant from any third party.
- The winners will be notified by email by the end of April, 2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Operator reserves the right to revoke the decision and select a replacement winner.
- Inquiries regarding the selection process will not be answered.
- This game jam and these terms and conditions will be governed by Japanese law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or this game jam shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be managed by the Operator and will be used solely for purposes of submission reception, inspection, result notification, and other required matters directly related to this game jam. All said information will be used and handled in accordance with current Japanese data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- All trademarks and intellectual property rights for submissions entered as well as similar rights for any licensed materials used in the creation and submission of said entries shall remain the property of the game creator/submitter and/or the owners of said licensed materials. Participation in this game jam in no way indicates transfer of ownership of rights of submitted materials. Additionally, the Operator cannot be held responsible for any damages or losses incurred to the entrant or any third party via use of external assets (graphic data, sounds, etc.) in submitted materials.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Get Pixel Game Maker MV now!
Learn more about Pixel Game Maker MV
Discover the Pixel Game Maker MV guides
Watch the Pixel Game Maker MV video tutorials