We are excited to announce that NightCry for the PSVita is scheduled to be released on the North American PS Store on January 31st. The European PS Store release date will be announced soon.
Developed through a collaboration between Hifumi Kono, creator of the Clock Tower series, and Grudge series director Takashi Shimizu, NightCry is a 3D horror-adventure game in which you’ll experience sheer terror onboard a luxurious cruise ship from which there is no escape.
The main characters find themselves aboard a luxurious cruise liner, on what was supposed to be a fun and relaxing trip. However, a series of gruesome murders aboard the ship are discovered one after another, causing the passengers to grow paranoid and start distrusting one another. Then, the immortal, bloodthirsty killer known as “Scissorwalker” appears. With no way to get off of this increasingly claustrophobic ship in the middle of the ocean, the body count continues to rise. Weapons have no effect on the Scissorwalker. You must desperately seek means of escape, defense, and places to hide lest you become the next victim. The only thing that can help you survive this journey is the choices which you, the player, make.
While the game featured point-and-click adventure-style controls for the PC version, the PSVita version now allows you to perform basic controls by using the stick to move and select items and options. The choices you make will affect – and ultimately decide – the fates of the three main characters, with multiple endings awaiting you at the end.
- A horror-adventure from two great horror genre masters.
- An immortal Scissorwalker which relentlessly pursues the player.
- Smoothly shift between exploration mode and survival mode at the appearance of the Scissorwalker.
- Branching paths and multiple endings. Progress is automatically saved at branching points.
- A variety of choices which impacts the whole story, leading a happy ending, or an ending which is much, much worse.
Check out NightCry on:
PSVita: North America / Europe (coming soon)
Playism / Steam