Detention, the popular horror game that recently swept across the internet, is coming to Playism and Japanese.
We have been working closely with Red Candle Games for a while now to bring Detention to Japanese, and we’re excited to announce that we will be releasing the game on Playism on October 27th!
Greenwood high school, located in a remote mountainous area, two students found themselves trapped and vulnerable. The place they once knew has changed in unsettling ways, haunted by evil creatures. To escape, they must explore the mysterious campus filled with ominous objects and puzzles. How will they survive in this ever threatening environment? Could they return to safety in one piece?
Set in a fictitious world in the 1960s Taiwan under martial law, Detention, the story-driven atmospheric horror incorporated East Asian elements rarely used in games. Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese mythology, the game draws on local Taiwanese cultural references to tell an unique and terrifying story.
- 2D atmospheric horror with spine-chilling atmosphere.
- Immersive gameplay and puzzle solving experience
- Unique Taiwanese/Eastern cultural references.
- Original sound tracks, fusing Electronic, Lo-Fi, and Rock with traditional Asian instruments.
- Unique and appealing graphics.
- Multiple language support. (Including English, Chinese)
- Mac, Windows and Linux support